Monday, January 3, 2011

Goals for 2011

So 2011 has started.  And I needed some goals to kick my rear in gear.

Sure I have another silly little race planned (Ironman Texas) but that won't really do it for me as we can see from my last little attempt at a silly little race.  So, I decided that 2011 will be the year I run.  My goal is to run three miles, five times a week at least.  This will hopefully help my running a lot and get me where I really want to be with it.  Which is the ability to just go out and go for a 15 mile run without thinking about it.

So, the first run will be today after work.  My first run in about a month as well since my knee started bothering me, so will have to be careful that it is back to being healthy as the other goal, which is the same as my 2010 one (which I made!) is no serious injuries.  A serious injury will be defined as keeping me from being able to do anything for more than 1-2 weeks.


I think I need another race goal for towards the end of the year, since I have Ironman Texas in the first half, I need to find something for the second half.  If anyone is out there, any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment