Monday, March 1, 2010

Slackeritist and Sickly

Yes, yes, yes, I know.  I've been slacking off on posting here.  I have done a couple of work outs since my last posting, but have been not really motivated lately because of various things going on out side the realm of training. 

It really sucks a lot when you want to train, but just can't muster the mental energy to do so because of too much crap going on elsewhere in your life.  I still have too much of this going on, but things are slowly clearing up and only about one more week until a lot of it goes away (I hope!)

But I have done a 30 mile bike ride and 3 mile run.  I was suppose to do a 10k run/race this past weekend but because of finding some bad chicken at the Houston Rodeo BBQ Cook Off, I was down and out.

I was also out for a week because of being sickly, and my parents being around, so I really haven't been able to do much of anything.

BUT!  And here is the big news!  I hit the pool this morning!  YAY!  Of course this comes with some slight bad news.  My messed up shoulder doesn't like to swim anymore.  So it was a struggle.  I'm also very out of swimming shape in general so I have a lot of work to do to get back up to where I should be and ready for this race.  What I did today was one length of the pool freestyle (normal swimming for tri) and then one length on my back to even things out.  I did that 8 times.  And for the 25m pools that means I did ... Anyone? Anyone? 200m of both.  And then my arm told me I was done.

So I've started back at it, wish I started a lot sooner since I have so much work to do, but, I'm sure once I get things rolling and stay consistent I will get back into shape quickly and be close to where I need by mid April.

So, starting today I'm back in the pool and hopefully I can keep it going and get back to my running and biking as well as needed.

Long ways to go, but not too far away either! Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment