Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Happy Run -- Weird.

Anyone who actually knows me, knows I don't like running.  Fact. Truth. Whatever. I just don't. It sucks. Enough Said.

So when I say I had a happy run... That is pretty mind blowing huge!  I don't know what it was about the run, I was alone, just my iPod and my demons running out there together.  And when I finished I felt great.  I was in a good mood which I haven't really had in a long while, although Sunday was a turning around point for me since I was on the water canoeing with great people, that helped a lot.

I am still sore from Sunday's canoeing and biking too, so I wasn't really looking forward to today's run.  But I got out there.  And I started off feeling the stiffness in my back and buttocks.  But things smoothed out the longer I went.  And I apparently got faster the longer I went as well:

Miles:
  1. 9:53 min/mile (168 avg heart rate)
  2. 9:03 min/mile (168 avg heart rate)
  3. 8:54 min/mile (173 avg heart rate)
Needless to say, not only did I enjoy just being out there running, but I'm quite happy with my results today as well!


And to top it off, I burned 630 calories.

And now ... Biking tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment