Monday, December 7, 2009

Silly GPS!

So, I cleaned up my T6c, and got it all ready for my run today.  Everything was ready to work right off the bat.  I changed the screen to the display I wanted, it started looking for the HRM, found... I turn on the GPS pod, it finds it no problem! Sweet! Everything is synced and ready to go!

I start running, I planned on doing my three mile loop around my neighborhood, and I felt good starting off.  Then after about five minutes I look down at my watch and... GPS isn't synced to the satellites!! WTF?!  I have no speed or distance!  Well screw it.  I'm not going to play with it, I know my distance and I can figure out my average pace (9:15) for that three miles.  After about two miles though, the GPS finally found the satellites and started giving me read outs.  Blah.  I decided to ignore it the rest of the run, and just go based on my time.

I have yet to look at what is up with the GPS pod and why it took so long to sync or anything.  But it was a good over all run and I was happy with it.  I thought I was moving a lot slower than I apparently went.  I figured I was going mid 10s... But I will take the 9:15s!   Even though my calves are starting to seize up already, and now my shins are feeling a bit tight.  I did spend a good amount of time stretching everything out, and will continue to do so over the next day or so, until the next run on Thursday.

Now I just need to figure out this silly GPS pod and get it working more reliably! ARG!

No comments:

Post a Comment