Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Falling Behind on Posting!

Yes, I've fallen behind here a bit.  I've not been slacking off! Honest!

Saturday, I ran 3ish miles at Memorial Park, and it was good, a bit faster than I'm use to, but was running with someone who is much faster than me so her speeding me up was a good thing... But it was yet to be determined how good since I was racing on Sunday...

Then Sunday, up early for a donut ride with some more friends.  The biking was about 10.5 miles and I decided shortly after starting that it was probably not a good idea to have taken my single speed out for this bike, as I needed to keep quasi fresh legs for the run I was doing later in the afternoon!  Yikes!  Legs were pretty tired after this.

2pm was the start time of the Jingle Bell Run.  5 miles. 2 miles more than I have run in over a year.  I was running with a couple of friends and they kind of pushed me a bit.  And it was also a bit hilly, and I like the hills.  I naturally speed up on hills for some reason, and it's good.  We were going through at a pretty good pace, slowly speeding up as the race went on.  At about mile 4.25 or so, my brain told me I was done.  I listened... Until I saw how strong my friends were going still.  And so I unlistened to my brain, and started running again.  I'm glad I did, I started to feel not too bad, still in lots of pain since I hadn't run that far in a loooong time.  But yeah. It was good.  And ended up with a 9:02 min/mile pace average for the 5 miles! Yay!  That's faster than I normally run my 3 miles (about 9:15-9:30.)

Sunday night I paid for it, and Monday as well. I was in all kinds of pain from the weekends activity!  But a hot bath Sunday and again Monday helped things out, and I was feeling good on Tuesday.

On Tuesday, I went for a walk/run with another friend at Memorial Park and it was good, fun, just what I needed to get my legs moving again.

So yeah, I've not been slacking off on the working out, just on the writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment