Monday, November 23, 2009

Run vs T6c

My new toy showed up! The Suunto T6c Multi Sport Pack.  Basically, it's the T6c and the GPS pod.  And of course I gave it a try tonight for my run.  But let's go with the basic parts first, I did my normal 2.46 mile run around my house.  I did it in 23:26.9  First lap was 12:03.3 and the second one was 12:05.2.  It was slower than what I have been running it, but because I was trying to figure out what I was doing with the T6c.

So, other than slowing down my run, since I don't know what I'm doing with it, it confused me.  At first I thought it was wrong. I was running along, and it was showing 7minutes... I was thinking, there is no way I'm running seven minute miles.. Then I thought maybe it was mph. But when I was sprinting across a street I noticed it went down to 3... So no way that could be mph!  I got home and it dawned on me!  It's a Finnish device... It's defaulted to metric! 7 minutes per km!  Now that makes a lot more sense! I still haven't figured out how to figure out how to get the various stats from the watch. I played with the software a bit, but it's slightly confusing as well.  Much more playing around required to fully understand it.  But no more time left tonight...

Time for bed... Night All!

2 comments:

  1. you blog well!! good luck!! you will get there :) love from Ireland

    ReplyDelete