Saturday, November 21, 2009

Motivation and Sore Calves

So today, I started my day off helping out the Team in Training folks with a water stop.  The full marathoners were doing 18 miles, and the halfers were doing 10 miles.  It was good to see them out there, and a couple of surprise friends as well!

Seeing them out there definitely motivated me for my planned 3-4 mile run today.  So after I was done with helping them out, I went back to Memorial Park and ran the loop, 3 miles.  It was a bit painful because my calves weren't fully recovered from Thursdays run (I knew that was going to much me up!) but it was still not a bad run.  I did the 3 miles (Yes, I added a bit extra to make it really 3 for your pedantics out there) in 27:33.09 or an average pace of 9:11 minute miles.  Which tells me, I was running way too fast at one point because I did stop to walk and massage my calves a bit.  But it also tells me, I'm getting back into the swing of things.

When I got back to my truck, I got my recovery bottle and while I was drinking that I actually did some proper stretching.  I need to get more of that in so I don't seize up like I use to.

So the running continues... And it continues to not completely and utterly suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment