Saturday, November 5, 2011

Rough Week

I had a bunch of goals set for November, after a successful October, but this was cut short because of several things going on.  First, was my fridge flaking out on me.  This meant I had no means of keeping foods after cooking and had to toss a bunch out.  This makes it hard to cook ahead and stay healthy.  Second was/is work.  I don't normally let work get too involved in my non-work time, but the last several weeks it's been hard with two weeks of training and then a major planned power outage at work today.  That meant I couldn't plan on anything this weekend for getting out and doing stuff as I don't know when I go in or for how long.  Yesterday I got there at 6:45am and left at 11:15pm, then didn't know if I was coming in today in the morning or evening when the power comes back.  As it turns out, it will be this evening.

Because of that it's been hard to keep up with my work outs and eating.  But, I have been not too bad with eating and making good choices by going to the grocery stores and getting chicken and salads and veggies for lunches while at work.  I did have pizza last night, but it was ordered in for the group of us working and I didn't gorge too badly on it.  And I had some gnocchi for breakfast today, as it was thawed out from the fridge and needed eating.  And some mexican food as well today, grilled chicken with onions, mushrooms and cheese, with rice and beans.  So not great, but I never over ate and don't feel bad about doing it.  I know the coming week will also be a challenge as I need to get back to working out and eating healthy and restocking my fridge.

All in all, it wasn't a bad first week of November for my goals, not meeting them all, but still meeting some of them.  Again, this goes back to my thinking that goals need to be flexible since you never know what life is going to throw your way and you just have to go with the flow and do your best.


No comments:

Post a Comment