Thursday, March 3, 2011

I'm still here...

Don't know if anyone really reads this, but I am still here. 

I was kind of down and out with a sickness the last two weeks.  But I'm getting back into the swing of things now. 

Yesterday I realized I have less than ten weeks left before Shiner GASP (a 100 mile bike ride from Austin to Shiner.) This prompted me to get a biking schedule figured out.  So for the next 9+ weeks I have biking three times a week, trying to get my mileage up to where I need it to be so I can enjoy the ride.  I could probably survive it now, but yeah, enjoying it would be much better.

With that, I will be adding some strength training as well, trying to get my lean muscle back.  This sitting around doing nothing has definitely put a toll on my body that it's not use to, and it's time to get things back to where they need to be.

I still need to get my sugar addiction under control.  I had a good couple of days this week, but then fell backwards yesterday. ... Interestingly (just now thought of this) yesterday was the only day this week I didn't have my smoothie for breakfast.  If it's helping me stay away from those other things, I need to redouble my effort to making sure I have a morning smoothie every day. 

Will start posting my frequently again now that I'm getting back into things...

No comments:

Post a Comment